Welcome to “born without marbles“. Please take a seat, make yourself comfortable and have a cookie. I won’t keep you long as I know you are a very busy person, so if you want to know what this blog is about, I have summarised it in ten points below for you to peruse at your leisure. These ten points are as follows:
- This blog is about mental health.
- The writer is a 23 year old homosapian from the UK, with diagnoses of OCD, Anorexia nervosa, Borderline Personality Disorder and Depression.
- The words of this blog have come from experience. The Writer has had no training and is not a health care professional so please do not take anything as prescribed official medical advice.
- The Writer has however had training for and has worked as a Christmas elf recently which although not exactly relevant, should be noted.
- This blog is entirely based on The Writer’s experiences with mental illness and the aforementioned conditions. As mental illnesses and how they present in each person is relative this means The Writer cannot speak on behalf of all sufferers but it would be nice to speak for at least some similar folk.
- This blog is going to be as frank and honest as it can be without triggering others so certain things like specific weights or calorie amounts will not be mentioned. If ever there is any potential risk of triggering others, a warning will be clearly provided.
- This blog is for sufferers of ANY mental health illness. It is also for the carers, friends, family or anyone else linked to a person with a mental health disorder or anyone who is simply interested in mental health and wants to learn more. This blog is also for British actress Helena Bonham Carter for no reason other than that The Writer is a big fan and would like this documented.
- This point of this blog is to raise awareness, reduce stigma, increase understanding, educate and make people feel less alone in their struggles.
- This blog contains a lot of analogies because analogies are awesome.
- The Writer would love for you to read this blog and hopefully become a frequent visitor.
I hope that sums it all up. Many thanks and please stick around for as long as you like. Seriously I am here all day. And night. Just for goodness sake please like my blog. Cheers!